Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jabba Jabba Jembe

This was probably one of the best workshops ever.. I know I never reported it on this yesterday had project work to do. So I'm doing it today.
The guy (Dave) with his own business Jabba Jabba Jembe, is a percussionist for the last ten years. In the morning we got to use the different drums.. They are African style Drums: Jembe and Kpanlogo they were the main drums there, he also had base drums. But we learned loads of different things we did freestyle/ Solo too. We got to use each drum and also had alot of fun!
If i was to rate it out of ten I'd so give it an 11 it was that good :)..
We also taught him are own beats with our hands chest and clicks, he taught us one too at the end of the session. Alot of people got a bit carried away sometimes when he told us to be quiet, so it was a good laugh too!
I know this is short but atm that's all I can think of.. I'll report back tomorrow when we are back from our W.B Yeats and Bog Bodies exhibition is town!

No comments:

Post a Comment